Ten commandments of blogging...?
Ruth Gledhill notes on her blog that the Evangelical Alliance is about to publish the Ten Commandments of Blogging. They are apparently the work of the EA's church mission director Krish Kandiah:
1. You shall not put your blog before your integrity.
2. You shall not make an idol of your blog.
3. You shall not misuse your screen name by using your anonymity to sin.
4. Remember the Sabbath day by taking one day off a week from your blog.
5. Honour your fellow-bloggers above yourselves and do not give undue significance to their mistakes.
6. You shall not murder someone else’s honour, reputation or feelings.
7. You shall not use the web to commit or permit adultery in your mind.
8. You shall not steal another person’s content.
9. You shall not give false testimony against your fellow-blogger.
10.You shall not covet your neighbour's blog ranking. Be content with your own content.
Given my last post, I am obviously delighted to see no. 8!!
But I think a bit more humour might also have been appropriate too. Is blogging really meant to be this negative? Not to mention, this dull, serious, and honourable? Hope not :)