Archives of Reception of the Bible

Past blogging in more ways than one.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Presenting Johnny Cash

Last night I presented the long version of the Johnny Cash paper here at the University. One person present, Simon Taylor, has blogged on his reaction to the paper here. What he doesn't mention is my collapse into hysterics ('corpsing', Michael Palin calls it in his diaries) over this YouTube video. Every time the girl on the donkey appears I have just had it completely.

2 Comments:

At 2:13 pm, Blogger Holger said...

I see what you mean. I was in stitches too. Please tell me that this was meant to be a joke on the part of the 'filmmaker'... please! But I guess the images afterwards make that impossible. In fact, the juxtaposition of images is theologically quite scary. What would have Johnny Cash have made of this himself, I wonder. - Any chance of your Johnny Cash paper making it onto your website?

 
At 12:59 pm, Blogger John Lyons said...

I am afraid not. I was pondering putting a previous short version on-line, but the contract for the publication seems to not allow even that. It will not be out until some time in 2008, I guess. The first section was put online a while ago though (see 24th July 06).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home