Archives of Reception of the Bible

Past blogging in more ways than one.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

SBL paper online

One of my two SBL papers is now available on-line (Preaching the Parable of the Good Samaritan [Like 10.25-37]). This paper is at 4pm on Sunday, 23rd, and is the first paper in one of the Contextual Biblical Interpretation sessions (SBL 23-118). I guess it won't be online for long, and I won't be putting it online myself later, but any comments gratefully received.

The other has to be seen, I'm afraid (The Apocalypse and Its (Many, Modern) Mediators: John's Revelation, Johnny Cash's The Man Comes Around, Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead, and the Videographers of YouTube). There are only 2400 words in it, but you also get 4 minutes of a Zombie film and then four YouTube videos, playing simultaneously and all soundtracked with Johnny Cash's "The Man Comes Around". Always assuming the technology works, of course! :).

This is the last paper in the late afternoon session of the Bible in Ancient and Modern Media seminar on Monday, 24th Nov (SBL 24-105), and so will have as its audience - who knows. It follows two papers on Ruth and two on Job (so there could be a mass exodus at the start). Many also go home on Monday night. Others will be getting ready for a night of carousing at the receptions, a last night blowout. So, Bishop Wrong, to boost my audience, you really should announce that you are going to be present, everyone will come, and in the ensuing melee, your identity will remain unknown. In fact why don't I just announce your presence for you! Hey, everybody.... :)

1 Comments:

At 3:51 am, Blogger N T Wrong said...

OFFICIAL NOTICE FROM THE OFFICE OF BISHOP N.T. WRONG

I am thrilled to announce my presence (Deo Volente) at W. John Lyon's SBL paper, 'The Apocalypse of John and Its (Many, Modern) Mediators: John of Patmos's Apocalypse (ca. 80-100 CE), Johnny Cash's "The Man Comes Around" (2002 CE), Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead (2004 CE), and the Video'.

I look forward eagerly to what should be one of the most exciting and stimulating presentations at SBL. Due to baggage restrictions, I will be attending in mufti rather than in the full regalia of My Kingdom of Dirt.

I note that I may have to slip in late to the session from SBL24-108 -- but in plenty of time for W. John Lyon's paper.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home